: Developer e-mail
Award-winning PocketTV lets you play any standard MPEG-1 file (extension .mpg) on your Pocket PC. You can create your own MPEG files or download thousands from the net.
This version will work on any Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5.0 and on most (but not all) Pocket PC 2003 and 2003 SE (you need ActiveSync 3.8 or 4.0 to install it).
If you have a Pocket PC 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2003 SE we recommend that you install using this other PocketTV Classic Setup file
PocketTV Classic is now optimized to take advantage of video accelerator hardware (2700G, ATI) and can play in VGA resolution on VGA Pocket PC's (Axim x51v/x50v, iPaq hx4700, Toshiba e800).
Pocket PC personal users:
To download PocketTV "Classic", click on the download link. Once you have installed PocketTV, click here
to obtain the FREE key that will unlock your PocketTV.
- PocketTV now detects what API should be used to prevent the Backlight from dimming while playing video.
- Corrected a problem on WM5 Pocket PC that could cause the SIP button to disapear when the SIP was opened/closed in an application running on top of PocketTV. This issue was traced to an obscure bug in the WM5 Pocket PC shell.
- Now PocketTV redirects the user directly to the Vendor's mobile website for purchase, allowing OTA purchase from Pocket PC's that are connected to the internet.
- PocketTV now uses the Power Management API (when available) to prevent the Backlight from dimming while playing video.
- Fixed the following problem on WM5 Pocket PC's: If PocketTV is in Fullscreen mode, starting another application using a hardware button (mapped of the application) would cause the NavBar (Start Menu) to become invisible, causing the device to be un-usable.
- PocketTV now correctly uses the Unique Device ID (if available) on Pocket PC 2003, 2003 SE and WM5. A recent change broke this feature except for Pocket PC 2002. This is now fixed. This means that the Registration and Purchase Code and key should always be the same on a particular device. Note that Registration and Purchase Codes (and keys) are always different from each other.
However, on WM5 devices that require code signature in order to call privileged API's, the Unique Device ID may not be available. When the Unique Device ID is not available, upgrading PocketTV may cause the Code to change, therefore a new key is required. The user can always get new keys (free) from here
- Fixed the following problem: Exiting PocketTV while in Fullscreen mode would cause the NavBar (Start Menu) to become invisible, causing the device to be un-usable.
- Fixed problem triggered when doing a tap-and-hold of the Fullscreen icon until the tooltip was visible. Instead of going to Fullscreen mode, PocketTV would get into an incorrect configuration. This is fixed.
- The Icons are now correctly greyed-out when no stream is opened.
- The PocketTV "Help" menu and icons are removed if no Help file is available (based on PocketTV's registry values).
- The PocketTV Help file is not displayed anymore upon first run after installation. The user must select "Help" in the PocketTV menu to see the PocketTV Help file.
- First version with support for Windows Mobile 5.0 on Pocket PC (WM5 PPC).
The WM5 version uses the new WM5 UI guidelines from Microsoft, i.e. it uses the soft-keys, but the icons are still available for direct access to common functions. All commands can also be mapped on hardware keys.
- Fixed problem triggered when changing the screen orientation while playing in Fullscreen.
- Improved support for square-screen devices: On square-screen devices, PocketTV now always displays fullscreen video in the current screen orientation.
- Pocket PC: changed the format of the setup files.
The "default" Pocket PC setup file now contains 2 CAB files: One for WM5 and an other one that should install fine on all Pocket PC 2003 and 2003 SE (but not on 2000 and 2002 devices).
Another setup file contains 3 CAB files for all Pocket PC's 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2003 SE, but not for WM5.
- Unfortunately, it appears that some Pocket PC's 2003 SE cannot install the "default" Pocket PC setup file. This is the case with the iPaq hx4705 and the XDA mini. For those devices, the user must install using the other setup file, located here
- Improved the toolbar on Pocket PC.
In Portrait orientation, added the [i] icon mapped to the Media Properties dialog. Changed the Fullscreen icon to match the one used by Media Player.
In Landscape mode, Added the following icons: [RGB] mapped to Adjust Colors and Contrast, [[]] mapped to the Change Size command (same as Action button), [camera] mapped to the Frame Capture command, [?] mapped to the Help command.
- Added the Help command in the menu on Pocket PC. Help opens the on-line help for PocketTV. The other way to get the Help is the standard MSFT Help procedure for Pocket PC, i.e. select Help in the Start menu or in Start > Programs, but this is so convoluted and un-intuitive that almost no-one knows about it.
- Updated the Help to reflect the recent changes (added Size > Fill Screen).
PocketTV Classic v1.2.4 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download PocketTV Classic v1.2.4 direct on your windows mobile phone