I wanted to make a flashlight in flash for some time now... The idea to use the pocket as a light is very useful and sometimes even necessary, either not to wake up someone, see in some dark stairs, getting late to the movies, etc etc...
The software on the link above shows a application that uses the camera flash on WM machines, but most Pocket PC's don't have that hardware.
So I though of making something similar, but only for the screen, for all those that don't have a camera flash, but have Adobe flash!
The idea of this software is not only a quick flashlight (that you can have on a hardware key or icon, so that you have an easy access), but also many other uses.
So I made a semi-hidden touchscreen menu that gives access to all these light applications:
- LAMP, a simple white screen.
- Strobe, to call for attention (or hypnotize someone º_o).
- Fader, with fade-in/fade-out light, like a lighthouse.
- SOS, that spells s.o.s in morse code.
- Disco, random bright colorful lights, like a disco.
- PEN, in which you can draw temporary light forms.
- LIGHTER , for fun on a concert, as you can see on the picture.
- LOVELYGHT, just a visual test, also good for the loved ones.
- Android boot animation.
- LightSaber with sounds. Press top, middle or bottom of the screen for diferent effects, or use your keypad.
- Starlight animation (heavy on CPU).
- Exit, obviously to leave the application, you can also use the ENTER (in the middle of the keypad) at any moment.
As you enter the app, it places you pocket's screen on full bright mode and removes any fade-out and stand-by option. As you exit it restores your previous settings.
If you click on the screen while on the LAMP area, it changes between 8 colors.
If you click on the FADER screen, it changes between 5 colors.
If you click on the SOS screen, it allows you to create your own morse code, just click and hold your finger on the screen for it to remain white (still with bugs), if you don't click it for a while it goes back to the automatic SOS.