Developer: Mathieu Gardere
This application provides training assistance (through graphs and stats) + navigation help (with moving maps and GPX file import & export) for mountainbike and roadbike enthusiasts.
* Keep a track of their achievements:
o Where they have been.
o How long.
o How fast.
o How high
* Have a navigation help using GPX file to discover new tracks (you can download some from various web sites including excellent ones as www.bikely.com or www.bikeradar.com or else www.nobmob.com).
* Export their data to Google Maps / Google Earth or other mapping softwares.
* Monitor in real time and afterwards the evolution of their performances.
* Have a moving map software that can work with any raster map (calibration software provided to make your own map with any .
* Have instant data (current/average/max speed), current/climb/descent altitude.
This application comes with its Windows Desktop to companion to analyze and store your performances, calibrate your raster maps and manage your files library.
The map screen draws your route. You can plot it over a predefined background.
If you don't specify any it will show on a blank background.
You can also display a planned route to make sure you follow it.
This is especially convenient when you explore new routes using a downloaded GPX file.
The dash board displays:
* your current direction,
* your current speed (in red if it is the max speed, green if it is above your average, in black otherwise),
* max speed,
* average speed,
* current altitude,
* altitude difference with the point you started from,
* total climb,
* total descent,
* GPS reception,
* time (current and travel time).
You can reset cumulative data at any time pressing the reset button.
The graph screen displays recorded speed and altitude on auto refreshing graph.
You can also use them do display recorded performances.
05/05 - v0.951 released
Bug fixes (VGA and WVGA resolution now fully supported)
02/05 - v0.95 released
o FatFingaz User Interface - Menus and dialog boxes have been reworked with a custom user interface that will deal with the fat fingers issue. Menu with large buttons are displayed instead of the standard bottom screen menu and small dialog boxes. The tabs have also been replaced with large pictures making the use of your PDA stylus unnecessary.
o Imperial units - The settings screen now lets you display all distance, speed and altitude related details using imperial units (mi, mph, ft).
o Heart Rate Monitor - Zephyr Technology HxM-HRM - Along GPS related details (speed, distance, altitude, direction), you can now display and record your heart rate. BikeDashboard has been interfaced with Zephyr Technology Bluetooth Heartrate monitors: HxM and HRM.
o Darker Style - I have started designing the screen for them to look a bit better. They now all have gray / black backgrounds... simply because it is more usable out in the field.
o Empty routes are no longer saved - With the new autosave feature introduced in 0.94, each time you started the application a new route was created and therefore saved, no matter if got any position. If you happened to start the application several time, you ended up with loads of such files. It will no longer happen as now nothing is saved until you get actual positions.
o Name your routes - You can now give a name to your routes instead of the default one (yyyyMMdd HHmm.gpx).
To get all details about previous release go to http://bikedashboard.mathieugardere.com
28/04 - v0.94 released
22/04 - v0.93 released
BikeDashboard free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download BikeDashboard direct on your windows mobile phone