Free WM5torage v1.8 apps for Windows Mobile phone
|Create an account to use our new features ! Sign Up | Help | Sign in|
Free Windows Mobile Apps
More than 4500 free windows mobile games, apps and themes. Download software for HTC Touch Diamond / Pro / HD2 / Fuze / Tilt, Samsung and other smartphones.
Internet, backup and social applications together with financial, weather, mapping and GPS navigation software absolutely free for Your Windows Phone.
Search for Pocket PC freeware:
- Added the long-awaited option to lock/dismount card only when USB cable is actually attached (so when you will disconnect the device, it will automatically see the card again, without the need to deactivate WM5torage).
- Added the troubleshooting options for different firmwares/devices (should be tweaked only if WM5torage does not work properly).
- GUI is slightly modified according to Microsoft guidelines for better support of landscape and small-screen devices.
- Many changes to the driver to allow for more invisible error recovery. Can possibly help with read/write instabilities on some devices. Also can help with preventing the complete freezes in case of USB/flash memory errors.
- Added the quick "blink" indication when choosing the LEDs/vibrators.
- Improved the checking for "system" storages. Will try to more intelligently choose the storage card device as default right after install. Can help on devices where "DSK1:" is infact an internal storage, and the storage card is for example "DSK3:".
- More compatible re-mount mechanism. Possibly can help with "Hang on deactivate" issue.
- More of bugs fixed. Restored compatibility with some devices that were supported in 1.5x.
- Moved start shortcut from "Accessories" subfolder to main Programs menu. v1.71:
- Bug fixes.
- Added the command line switch -t to "flip-flop" between active and unactive states.
- Files are now compressed with UPX. v1.7:
- Added ability to choose the PDA/smartphone storage device to export as USB Mass Storage. Helpful for PDAs/phones with several card slots or internal "file stores". v1.6b:
- Fixed a minor issue with applicaiton icon not appearing in "Accessories" Start Menu folder after installation on PDAs.
- Full compliance with USB Mass Storage Bootability Specification. Now booting PC from smartphone as USB stick should always properly work, provided your computer's BIOS is modern enough to properly USB-drive-boot. Checked it via booting FreeDOS and PuppyLinux from my 8310 - seem to work ok.
- Improved general compliance with USB Mass Storage protocol. Still not 100% compliant though, due to the built-in hardware driver limitations & bugs.
- Added command line switches to control utility "remotely", via scripting utils or batch files & shortcuts:
>> -a Activate mass storage mode
>> -d Deactivate mass storage mode
>> -q Quit
Switches can be combined, they will be executed in order. For example, "WM5torage -a -q" will launch utility, activate mass storage mode (if not active already), and quit after activation is completed. v1.53:
- USB device will not appear on PC as "unnamed" anymore, but in the form of "WM5torag"(sorry only 8 chars in ID) + "device name". Helps when multiple devices are connected and you are using "safe removal". v1.52:
- LED interface tweaks.
- Fix for a small issue with LED/vibrator not going off. v1.51:
- Added ability to choose indication LEDs on Read and Write operations (you can set both to same LED). Take note that there only LEDs that system reports to be available, and on many platforms only one LED (and vibrator) is actually reported as application-controllable.
- Another change to "suspend-prevention" code to prevent some PDAs to going into sleep in the middle of transfer and interrupting the transfer v1.48:
- If there is Inbox window open in background, and "activation error 1f" happens, will try to automatically close Inbox window to prevent activation error. This just requests Inbox to close as user can do, so you need not to worry for it - it shouldnt cause any problems with messaging. v1.4:
- Driver revamp, added asynchronous processing. If device can do USB transfers and read/write from card simultaneously, there will be significant speed increase - up to limit of either USB controller or Flash memory (what is slower). For my 8310 / SanDisk 2Gb setup it gave about 20% speed increase.
- Moved all natural language strings/messages into resource string tables, to allow for resource i18n/translation.
- On deactivate, switch will be made not just to RNDIS, but to previously remembered driver. I.e. if you will set ActiveSync to Serial mode, it will not revert to RNDIS anymore on Mass Storage deactivation, it should remain Serial.
- Restart will not be suggested if installation wasnt successful.
- Added possiblie explanations to most common activation errors (1f and 57). v1.3:
- Added prompt to soft-restart the device after installation.
- When storage is attached to USB host, mobile device USB controller and flash disk are ordered to be kept in "Power On" state.
- Added switch to choose between "Removable" and usual ("Hard Disk") device classes. Will affect how the host OS treats the device - for instance, it will not create System Restore and Recycle Bin if class is Removable. v1.21:
- Added some additional diag checks to help evaluate possible problems. v1.2:
- Added write-protection switch.
- Added checks for ability to actually open memory card (card existance).
- If "storage card" installation chosen, will install to main memory anyway, as it cant properly run from storage card.
Download WM5torage v1.8 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download WM5torage v1.8 direct on your windows mobile phone
Please login to post comments
Enter your personal information to the left. All fields are required
Want a custom avatar?
Please create a Gravatar account associated with the email you use to post comments.
Alternatively register for a FreewarePocketPC user account to be able to post and moderate your comments faster.