: Christian Ghisler
Total Commander is a file manager, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move or delete files. However, Total Commander can do much more than Explorer, e.g. pack and unpack files, access ftp servers, compare files by content, etc!
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Inplace rename, create dirs
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip
- Properties dialog, change attributes
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select with [Sel] button
- Select with [Sel] button
- FTP client
- Registry editor
- LAN access
- Send/Receive via Infrared (OBEX)
- Brief, full and large icons mode
- Single or two file window mode
- Option to hide all files in ROM
- Directory hotlist as in Total Commander
- Directory history through dropdown list
- Tree view
- Configurable button bar
- Simple help function
- Supported languages: English, German, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Swedish.
For MIPS/SH3 Pocket PC users, please download the software here (660 KB).
Windows Vista users:
You need to install the first to be able to install any programs to mobile devices!
v2.5 public beta 3:
- Added: Windows installer now warns if ActiveSync or the Mobile Device Center 6.1 (Vista) isn't installed.
- Added: Windows installer now supports Windows Vista.
- Fixed: Wrong textbox height in editor on high dpi devices.
- Added: Let the user choose between horizontal and vertical icon arrangement in 2 window mode.
- Added: Large icon view: Also support half size icons.
- Added: Let the user choose smaller icon sizes: 8x8,12x12,16x16 pixels on QVGA devices, 16x16,24x24,32x32 on VGA.
- Fixed: Replaced true color icons by 256 color icons, true color were hanging a WinCE2 device. Also removed 2 bit b/w icon, it caused black background.
- Fixed: Context menu not working in root, sometimes opening file in other panel.
v2.5 public beta 3 pre:
- Fixed: Resizing of properties dialog when switching between portrait and landscape mode.
- Fixed: Tree: Opening the tree with ENTER on "Tree" button closed it again immediately.
- Added: New icons from TC7 for Windows now also in the Pocket version.
- Fixed: Open ZIP in both panels (or use single panel mode): When unpacking from ZIP subdir, TC/CE suggested a ZIP file as the target.
- Fixed: WM5: Holding down the action button didn't bring up the context menu.
- Fixed: WM5: Tree view not reacting to action button (ENTER), and only partially to RIGHT arrow: Expanding only previously expanded branches.
- Fixed: Incorrect panel resize in the following case: Turn off second button bar, rotate screen, turn second bar back on.
- Fixed: Search for text in registry gives no result unless "Unicode" is checked -> check it by default, remember separately from the rest of the system.
- Fixed: Change attributes no longer worked.
- Fixed: FTP: Don't show sizes for symbolic links, they are irrelevant - show instead.
- Fixed: Show "Receive via Infrared" again on PocketPCs on Tap&Hold on the list background.
- Fixed: Wrong tooltip shown during FTP connection for plugins icon (still showed 'pack with zip').
- Fixed: Rename multiple files: default button was Copy instead of Move.
- Fixed: Used newer version of CabWizSP.exe to create smartphone installer -> fixes bug with incorrect icon path when installing to storage card.
- Fixed: CE3 and Smartphone versions: Removed creation of shortcuts on Desktop (non-existing) and My Documents folders.
- Fixed: Updated help files.
v2.5 public beta 2:
- Fixed: Showing '*' for ftp links didn't work properly.
- Fixed: Search function couldn't find Russian text in non-Unicode files, except when checking "case sensitive". Also applies to accented characters.
- Added: New documented internal commands: 40030 Adjust tabs dialog, 40031 Find files, 40032 Send via Bluetooth (the old ID 40084 still works for compatibility reasons).
- Fixed: Incorrect progress bars when copying on WM5 (the upper bar was updated by both progress functions).
- Fixed: Adjust position of Tab change dialog when turning screen. Hide OK+Cancel buttons on WM5.
v2.5 public beta 1:
- Fixed: Fn+Space on Mda Pro was opening context menu only after pressing ENTER!
- Added: New languages Slovak and Romanian.
- Fixed: Change buttonbar, change association: Current icon number appeared twice.
Total Commander free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download Total Commander direct on your windows mobile phone