This small tool will cycle your today background or theme after a set interval of time.
* Make a folder on your device (preferably not on storage card) and extract all the files (mainly ShantzTodayChanger.exe, TdyChangerCfg.exe, gsgetfile.dll (might not be visible to you depending on your explorer settings) and Readme.htm) to this folder.
* IMPORTANT: Do not rename any files.
* Run the TdyChangerCfg.exe.
* Set options through the dialogue that opens and press apply button (Pressing the native WM OK button will discard all your changes).
o Choose image type (.gif\.jpg\.png) or theme(.tsk) to be cycled.
o If the input files (images or themes) are not in the folder where exes are kept, then you can check the box (underneath the .gif option) and give the "FULL and ABSOLUTE" path of where the files are kept. You can either input the path thru keyboard or choose it graphically by pressing the button (...) next to it.
o If you want to run a file after every cycle interval, check the corresponding box and provide the "FULL and ABSOLUTE" path of the file to be run. You can either input the path thru keyboard or choose it graphically by pressing the button (...) next to it.
o If you want some files to be avoided during cycling, put a file mask. The program will look for this mask to appear anywhere in the name of the files and will avoid it if found. (Wildcards are not supported. Choose time option has to be checked for this to work)
o Choose the period for which mask option has to be used. If you choose a time period and leave mask as empty, then during that time no cycling will be done. If you want to avoid some files all the time, then time period should be chosen to cover all 24 hrs of the day.
o Enter the desired interval between cycling of images\themes.
o If you choose a period for the mask, another check box (Consider mask period for exe also) will be enabled. Checking this box will mean that the specified exe will be run only if an image\theme is changed during that cycle. If you dont check this, then exe will be run after every cycle even if there is no change in the image\theme.
* When you want to stop the cycling, press "STOP Cycling" button.
- Tested it only on WM6 HTC Wizard and WM5 emulator. Might work with other devices/OS's but not sure.
- Doesn't have to be running constantly. So saves resources when not active.
- Survives soft resets as well.
- Even takes care of the situation if your phone is off when the time to cycle is reached. Will cycle as soon as your phone comes back on in this situation.
Suggestions invited. I have a lot of updates in mind but will incorporate those only which are requested by you.
- If the mask option is selected, then in a very particular situation, the app will miss a cycle.
- The time period option has a bug that if start time is in PM and end time is in AM, then there are some situations in which masking does not take place.
This can be taken care of but not in my priority list because this can be fixed only by rewriting the complete cycling code which is quite a bit. So, will fix it if I get some time from my other projects.
ShantzTodayChanger v1.52 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download ShantzTodayChanger v1.52 direct on your windows mobile phone