RadarLove is a simple Radar image engine. It pulls all the image data from the National Weather Service RIDGE system, including most of the overlays.
* Location Search–Search by ZIP code, city and state, or by your GPS position (for devices with a gps reciever).
* New Overlays–Warings, Location Icon, and Legend
* Text Color is now changeable
* Radar is now really transparent! No more washed out images.
* Memory improvements are massive, all images are built then released, Once that happens, only 500KB in running memory!
* Looping–Since all images are prebuilt, the loop speed is realistic.
* Time Zone issues–I found out that I was only applying Central Time Zone, now it reads in the time zone from the device, and sets the image times correctly
* Random lockups–Most were due to memory errors, that shouldn’t happen anymore.
* Zoom Level–15 zoom levels now, and a new zoom full out option.
A few pointers:
* you can click on a location, and it will zoom in on that location. When you do this, the map must not move, otherwise the zoom will not work.
* you can drag the map around with your finger (pen, pencil, or whatever it is you use). The more you are zoomed in, the more you can drag. You can even drag while looping, but while you are dragging, the loop will stop. once you stop dragging, it will continue to loop.
* the up and down hardware keys will zoom in (up) and out (down). This is much easier than using the zoom menu.
* In the location settings, you can input a ZIP code, or a city, st. If you want to use GPS to locate you, just check the box marked Locate using GPS, then click Search. Let it locate you, it will then set everything up for you.
* GPS will only set your location in the settings, it will not stay active while you are looking at radar. If you are moving around a lot, you might want to update your position every once in a while.