: Developer e-mail
PocketCultMAME allows you to play classic arcade games on your Pocket PC using the original software, simulating original hardware.
The main purpose of PocketCultMAME is to bring to the PocketPC the great and famous Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, MAME.
MAME uses a modular and portable driver architecture that allows to emulate the hardware used in classic arcade machines and run the original software of those machines into a modern computer, with complete fidelity.
PocketCultMAME works on any PocketPC device with ARM processor and Windows Mobile 2003 or latest. Is my intention to cover all needs that the PocketPC version may require like different screen orientations, key redefinition, etc.
- Many improvements in emulation speed, Z80 emulation available using DrZ80 and MC68k emulation using Cyclone.
- Landscape and portrait orientation supported, various fast screen scaling modes, effects, ...
- On screen controls, analog controls emulated using the stylus, ...
There is a package with two alternative builds of PocketCultMAME 0.4a for those games that don't not work with Dr.Z80 or Cyclone. Decompress the two files contained in the zip file where you installed PocketCultMAME and launch one of those files instead of the original PocketCultMAME (in most cases, 'pcmame_noDrz80.exe' is the correct selection).
Those files may work much slower in your device since they are made using the original CPU emulators written in C language, use only for games that do not work with the original PocketCultMAME and please, make sure that you are using the correct romset using a rom manager like RomCenter
- Better sound support, now most games runs with sound and it's a bit better since I compiled SEAL (the sound library used by the original MAME) for WinCE.
- Screenshots in the gamelist screen to help you to identify your games. See documentation about this feature in the 'Launching games' section to know the formats accepted.
- Screen scaling added. The scaling is very fast thanks to the machine code generated at runtime and adds more playability in VGA and squared screen devices.
- Support for blit effects. For this version I included 'scanlines' and 'skiplines'. See documentation section 'Video options' to get more information.
- Orientation auto or set by the user.
- Double pixel size using specific registers of the Intel 2700G chip, it's an experimental feature and will be disabled in future releases.
- Analog controls emulated.
- Autofire with different speeds.
- Key redefinition.
- On screen buttons.
PocketCultMAME v0.4a free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download PocketCultMAME v0.4a direct on your windows mobile phone