: Quentin Pouplard
It offers a visible feedback of the key currently pressed, you can imagine that your finger is on the keyboard... and now you can easily see what key is pressed.
You can move your finger, the key will change, release it, the key will be triggered (so it's the opposite of a physical keyboard: the actual action is when you release the key, not when you push it).
Why another keyboard for Windows Mobile? Because:
- It can be used with fingers.
- It suggest word based on letter position.
- It trigger the key when your remove your finger from the screen, not when you press it.
- It can be customized.
- It's a standard Windows Mobile SIP, so to use it you have to select it as the input method, therefore it can be used in (almost) any application.
Other reasons includes:
* Customizable layout: as you can see the layout is "azerty" for the screenshot, by default PocketCM Keyboard comes with a QWERTY layout. Creating your own is just a question of editing a text file.
* Accent recognition and suggestion: the keyboard know accentued letter... so for instance, the french word for summer is "ete", if I type 'e', 't', 'e', the keyboard will suggest "ete". No need to go to a sub/hidden keyboard doing some accentued letters.
* Once you get used to it, you can grab it with two hand and type with the thumb... goes pretty well.
- Landscape mode: most landscpae device already have a KB.
- Do you need landscape support? Keyboard color customization.
- Better suggestion button.
- Ability to create keys that enter more text (for instance a ;-) smiley key.
Uninstall the keyboard:
After removing the cab, there may still be an entry in the keyboard list. To get rid of it, using your favorite registry editor.
Remove the key (and subkey):
Later version will come with a clean install/uninstall.
- Suggestion box is placed near the caret.
- Suggestion box color (can be customized).
>> Green: I'm gonna replace your text with that.
>> Blue: your word seems correct, tap here for alternative.
>> Red: I don't know your word or any near word, is it a new one?
- Suggestion can be undone: after fixing your text, a button with your previous text appear, tap on it to go back.
- Shift key (can't be locked yet, it's coming).
- Tap and hold symbol key for 500ms and quick symbol will appear, choose your symbol and release (perfect to quickly tap a ? or ! without switching keyboards).
- Performance improvment.
- Bug fixes.
- Better default english dictionary (and smaller).
- Support for VGA devices.
PocketCM Keyboard v0.2 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download PocketCM Keyboard v0.2 direct on your windows mobile phone