: Jonathan Misurda
This ASX playlist editor created because WMP 10 doesn't allow for easy creation, editing, or saving of playlists.
It's still lacking in some features, but it does work.
- Browse to files located anywhere using the gsgetfile.dll (included in zip file).
- Save playlists anywhere.
- Import entire directories recursively.
- Edit existing playlists.
To Add Individual Songs:
- Click the "+" Button in the toolbar.
- Click "Browse" to find the song, and Click "OK".
- The program will guess at a good title, if you want it different, change it in the Title textbox. (ID3 support coming soon).
- Click "Ok".
- The song will now show up in the list box at the bottom.
How to Add an Entire Directory:
- Go to Edit > Import... menu.
- Browse to the directory you want by double clicking a directory.
- Check the "Recurse Subdirectories" checkbox if you want to include songs from all folders under this one as well.
- Click the "OK" button.
- If you want to manually change the title or the path, double click on it in the list and an edit dialog box will appear.
- You can rearrange the order of the songs by selecting a song and then using the up and down arrows.
- The "X" in the toolbar deletes the selected song from the playlist.
- Edit > Clear clears the entire playlist.
- Added a shuffle command to randomize the order of a playlist.
- Added a "play" button to launch the current playlist in the default program. Note this does not save the playlist first.
- Discovered the ASX loader does not like ampersands in the file. I will investigate a fix. For now, save an M3U or PLS version to reload.
- Now should work with versions of WMP before 10. Before WMP10, entries cannot look like URLs (with "file://" prefix on local files).
- WMP10 doesn't care either way so ASX output configurable from File menu.
- Fixed typo of "Software" in Registry key, oops.
- Adds Editing of ID3 v1.1 tags. v2 tags coming in the future.
- Greatly improved ASX loading. Should load any valid ASX playlist.
- Remembers last browsed load folder and add folder between subsequent runs.
- Some UI tweaks including new menu items under the "Edit" menu.
- Delete now selects the next item.
- Supports specifying a filename to open so it can be launched for playlists with OpenWith
- New VGA Icon.
- Added Import directory button to toolbar.
- Changed file selection dialog to now list many common music formats, no having to choose mp3 everytime.
- Rudimentary ID3v1 Tag support - automatically build the playlist entry from the ID3 tag if present. No editing capabilities yet.
- Entirely new, improved interface.
- Now supports ASX, M3U, and PLS playlist formats.
- Can convert between formats.
- Improved Import of existing directories.
- Supports Landscape.
- VGA Aware.
- CAB installer.
- Handles both local and streaming files.
PlaylistEditor v1.7 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download PlaylistEditor v1.7 direct on your windows mobile phone