PeekPocket is an easy to use, hassle-free WiFi scanner. No installation required, just copy one file to your device and start scanning.
It detects and lists nearby WiFi access points. It can be useful when you're setting up a WiFi network, or when you're on the go and want to see if there are nearby Access Points.
Just unzip & run on your PDA. No installation, no hassle.
Don't forget to turn your WLAN on before you try. You will hear a sound when an AP is found - there are different sounds for open & secure APs. Tap AP names to access graph & large mode. Use options to select filters/language etc.
Upon exit, you will find a text file called PeekPocket.txt. It's a tabbed text document with saved AP infos. Simply open with Word Mobile, select all, then copy to Excel and you have a nice scrollable formatted list.
- Added different sounds for open & secure APs.
- Bugfixes for different devices and wireless cards.
- Works with WM6.
- Detects WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption types.
- A little star will be displayed next to the name of the currently set preferred AP. In most cases this is the network you're connected to automatically when in range.
- You can rotate the display while PP is running, controls will be repositioned properly.
- When you tap an AP name, scanning will be paused while the popup menu is active, so there is no buggy highlight change anymore.
- Scan speed changed: slowest and slow are a bit slower than before.
- Spanish language support.
- If Wifi turned off, or any other problem occurs, a warning sign will be flashed instead of the antenna.
- Some smaller bugs fixed, hopefully even less lockups/crashes.
- Added new languages: Czech, Italian, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.
- Improved color history chart control.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Added Dutch language support.
- Added Signal history chart.
- Added auto-saving scan results to text file.
- A number of small (but important) improvements.
- Added German and Russian support is avaliable.
- Minor improvements eg. now it remembers your settings (Sound on, font size, scan speed etc.).
- Supports 5 languages now. To change language, click the small flag (a union jack by default) on the Options tab, and pick your language.
PeekPocket v1.6 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download PeekPocket v1.6 direct on your windows mobile phone