: Developer e-mail
It's an MP3/Ogg player which is optimized for the needs on a Pocket PC.
That's (among others) big screen buttons, simple playlist update from the contents of certain directories, and support of hardware buttons.
- All basic functions (Play, pause, skip track, spooling, ...)
- MP2, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV (thanks to MAD, libovd, and Green Software...)
- GSPlayer plug-ins (e.g. for MIDI files)
- Playback of files on the net
- Shoutcast and IceCast streams
- PodCasts and online playlistst
- WinAmp and MediaPlayer playlists (M3U, PLS, ASX, WMP, read only)
- Native playlists (MPL, read and write)
- Equalizer (only MP3), sound effects
- Bookmarks (memorize positions in songs or audio books)
- Auto continue from position and/or start playback after restart
- Big screen buttons, easy to tap with your finger (at least in most Skins)
- Assignable hardware buttons (all buttons, almost every function)
- Screen saver (switch off display after some time or on button press) with optional button lock
- Fall asleep timer
- Alarm clock
- different wake times for each day of the week and a one time alert
- the player doesn't need to be running
- play a special file and/or continue current playlist
- Optional volume change on start, exit, and alarm clock
- Automatically pauses when doing a call (Phone Edition)
- Display of ID3 (V1.0-V2.3) and Ogg tag informations (track name, artist, album, year, track no., cover), as well as external cover images per track or path
- Add your favorite folders and playlist to Favorites. This enables you to choose them easily from a list in Open dialog or skip between them with the press of a button. You can even automatically include all subfolders. I.e., skip easily between all folders of \Storage\My music or wherever you put your audio files.
- Changer Mode: Automatically skip to the the next path or directory of your favorites when one is finished. Or shuffle between all directories.
- Simple file selection when adding new files
- Skins and Screens
- Full Skin support, you can decide for all elements if, where and how you want to show them! (sorry, own format only...)
- Multiple Screens (Easily switchable displays contained in one Skin)
- Extended screen switching support: Switch easily between a selection of Screens from multiple Skins
- Fullscreen support for Skins (no title and/or menu bar, e.g. for a car screen)
- "Always on top" option for small windows, thus allowing a small track display or similar on top of your navigation program
- You can turn off images to save memory and CPU
- User defined Playlist Font (or Skin default)
- File associations (start with double click on e.g. an MP3 file)
- User defined startup action (Changer Mode, recent playlist, update playlist, continue last track, ...), repeat and shuffle mode
- Write informations about the currently played track in a file or append it to a logfile
- And many more settings
For more info, read the manual
or look at the screenshots
There are some Skins and a manual how to create your own on this page
A plug in for your Today screen is to be found here
- Improved alarm clock (up to 8 different times: one for each day of the week and an "one time" alert, optional fixed alarm sound, works without player running).
- Support of GSPlayer plug-ins (note you might have to configure them in "Playback" settings, the MIDI plug-in requires the instruments from here).
- Selectable paths for skins, favorites, plug-ins, ... ("Paths" settings).
- Write of track informations into file (e.g. logfile or mail signature, see "Logfile" settings).
- Tried to speed up several situations.
- Easier skin selection.
- Proxy for streaming.
- Screensaver can be disabled with every button.
- Files can be deleted from player ("Playlist"->"Delete file" in menu, or add a "DeleteFile" button to your skin).
- Several bugfixes and "other" images support (for covers) for ID3 Tags.
- Should work fine with WM5 VGA devices now.
- New actions for buttons: Choose Skin, switch Skin (requires prepared Skins, see LoadSkin in "For Skins" below), Exit, into background (minimize).
- Scrolling by "page" for multiline labels.
- System's close command (e.g. when memory runs low) can be ignored.
- Directory selection dialog shows Explorer's MRU list of net connections.
- LabelBorder supported.
- New buttons: ChooseSkin (opens skin selection dialog), LoadSkin (switches to skin/screen told in "LoadSkinName" and "LoadSkinScreen"), DeleteFile (deletes currently selected file - really, not only from playlist!).
- With "NextScreen=index" and "PrevScreen=index" you can set the screen to switch to. Only used if enhanced screen switching is not used and no selection box is opened (see "Handling" options).
- Preamp and volume sliders can be swapped (i.e. preamp can be modified with the volume slider - or vice versa, if the skin contains a preamp slider).
- Preamp and rotation (only WM2003 SE) by hardware buttons.
- Album covers from ID3 tags, trackname.jpg/.png or path.jpg/.png (see also manual).
- Track titles contained in M3U/PLS playlists will be shown in the playlist.
- Better stream handling, allows switching the stations with prev./next track buttons and playlists with tracks on http servers (e.g. http://myserver.com/track.mp3).
- After selecting a bookmark, the folder/playlist that was opened when it was set is opened, even if it's not in the favorites. This way, audio books can be continued even better.
- Scrolling of track infos is optional.
- Screensaver isn't activated after timeout if there's an external power supply.
- Doze timer can be set to any value between 0 and 120 minutes.
- Alarm clock button is labelled with alarm clock and power off countdown (if it's in the skin...).
- Added possibility of a "snooze" button (switches off device and alerts after a selectable timespan).
- A special screen can be activated if the alarm clock is "ringing" (depends on the Skin, thus currently only in the new Night Skin).
- Volume can be changed if the alarm clock is activated.
- Random generator is "more random"
- Adding single files to playlist didn't work in any case.
- With "Shuffle all" sometimes "Play" didn't start the selected track.
- Fixed some problems with shuffle order if track was started from playlist.
- Reading directory contents/-structures is faster.
- ID3 tags: Corrections at tags with unicode and better error tolerance for invalid tags.
- Small error at setting bookmarks removed.
- Stream name will still be shown after stop and switching screen.
- Filename dialog (for new favorite lists or saving playlists) didn't work in German version.
- Slightly better handling at power on (shouldn't be noticeable on most devices).
- Entries to open a folder with subfolders weren't displayed correctly.
- Uses less system resources.
- Some other minor bugfixes...
- Better interface for the alarm clock.
- Bigger buttons when setting bookmarks.
- New Night Skin (new colors, display of battery level, phone signal strength, clock, and cover image in Car Screen).
- New slider "PhoneSignal" for signal strength of PE devices. "Common" devices (without PE) will not show this element.
- New slider "Preamp".
- New section "Alarm" (_LS/_VGA/_LS_VGA), will (if it exists) be shown if the alarm clock is "ringing".
- New button "Snooze".
MortPlayer v3.3 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download MortPlayer v3.3 direct on your windows mobile phone