: KeePass PPC is a Pocket PC port of KeePass, an OSI-certified open source software, which sole purpose is to let your life easier when keeping your secret data (accounts, credit card numbers, etc) hidden from evil eyes. KeePass is being developed by Dominik Reichl and supported by SourceForge communi...
Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003/5.0/6.0
: Jun 11, 2007
KeePass PPC is a Pocket PC port of KeePass
, an OSI-certified open source software, which sole purpose is to let your life easier when keeping your secret data (accounts, credit card numbers, etc) hidden from evil eyes. KeePass is being developed by Dominik Reichl
and supported by SourceForge community as well.
If you're PPC developer, you should know that for a given software the PPC versions can hardly be 100% functional as the normal, desktop versions. KeePass PPC is not an exception of that rule - the desktop version has much more power than the PPC version. It's prettier, it has more gadgets and style. Here I will try to explain the differences between the PPC version and the (current) desktop version of KeePass.
What PPC version lacks
At the moment, these features exist only on the Win32 version:
- Entering and modifying hierarchical groups.
Both versions support well non-hierarchical groups. However, if you have tree of groups, you will not see (for now) that tree in the PPC version. PPC version honours the tree data, it will not destroy it, but it will not show the group tree as well. The groups in the PPC versions are "flat".
- Time stamp fields.
The PPC version does not support editing of the time-related fields. All time-related fields are initialized correctly (last-edited, creation time, etc), but editing of the time fields (expiration date/time for example) is not available.
- Password generator is based only on standard pseudo-random sequences. The mouse-move enhancements (or keyboard-entry enhancements) are not implemented.
- No files can be attached to the items. Existing attachments are preserved, but they cannot be accessed in any way.
- No multi-language support. For now, KeePass PPC is an English-only application.
- Clipboard automation (clearing clipboard after N seconds) is not implemented. Keyboard shortcuts (copy username to clipboard, copy password to clipboard etc) are not implemented.
- Passoword-files are not supported. Only user-entered password is supported.
The whole idea around current KeePass PPC is: it should serve as a helper application, which can view your stored passwords, you could enter new passwords etc., but you usually should use the Desktop versions for any serious editings. The PPC version has the big plus that it's always with you and you can always retrieve the needed secret data. However, for the most frequest use still KeePass Desktop should be preferred.
For Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC & PhoneEdition devices, please download the software here (831 KB).
KeePassPPC v0.4.4 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download KeePassPPC v0.4.4 direct on your windows mobile phone
receive the latest freeware programs straight into your Inbox