: iPlayer is a Pocket PC freeware to browse and stream content from the BBC's iPlayer
Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1
.Net framework 3.5.
: Jan 29, 2009
is a Pocket PC freeware to browse and stream content from the BBC's iPlayer.
- Finger friendly UI including flick kinetic scrolling, swipe gestures and vibration feedback.
- Supports Nav Sensor and Stylus Removal (thanks koush)!
- Higher quality video/audio than Samsung User Agent hack (483x272 h.264 video stream).
- Browse content by Highlights, Popular, Channel, Category or Date.
- Search for content and save history.
- Checks for latest version of player and AppToDate support.
- Downloads video to device for later viewing (I download at home over wifi and then watch videos on the tube on the way to work).
- Video launched in your default player associated with '.mov' files (I use CorePlayer).
This app works by impersonating an iPhone to access an unprotected mp4 file and then patching the index to allow immediate playback. Many thanks to the people who discovered this technique - see readme.txt for credits and further explanation. Note that this is in no way sanctioned by the BBC.
Downloads videos to the installation folder so highly recommended that you install to Internal Storage. This is obviously a very data intensive application so I would recommend using over wi-fi or with an unlimited data plan.
- Added a [very] basic settings screen. Only option is to enable debug mode. If you encounter any bugs then please turn debug mode on, replicate and then attach the file "debug.log" that is produced in the install dir to your post detailing the problem. Thanks!
- Forgot to update the readme.txt file but if the About screen says v0.2 then you have the latest.
- Did you notice the automatic updates?
- Initial release.
iPlayer free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download iPlayer direct on your windows mobile phone