: Sarah Dean
FreeOTFE4PDA is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) transparent disk encryption program.
Using this software, you can create one or more "virtual memory cards" on your PDA - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored.
- Source code freely available.
- Easy to use; full wizard included for creating new volumes.
- Powerful: Supports numerous hash/encryption algorithms, and provides a greater level of flexibility than a number of other (including commercial!) OTFE systems.
- Hash algorithms include: MD5, SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Tiger and many more.
- Cyphers include AES (256 bit), Twofish (256 bit), Blowfish (448 bit), Serpent (256 bit) and many more.
- "Hidden" volumes may be concealed within other FreeOTFE volumes, providing "plausible deniability".
- Encrypted volumes have no "signature" to allow them to be identified as such.
- Modular design allowing 3rd party drivers to be created, incorporating new hash/cypher algorithms.
- Supports password salting (up to 512 bits), reducing the risks presented by dictionary attacks.
- Keyfile support included; store volumes and their associated metadata separately.
- Uses per-sector IVs, including support for ESSIV.
- Volume file timestamps and attributes are reset after dismounting, increasing "plausible deniability".
- Plus more...!
A PC version is also available, allowing data encrypted on your PC to be read/written on your PDA, and vice versa.
- Added "\" prefix to mountpoint passed to configured explorer application when exploring mounted volumes in order to better support 3rd party software (e.g. Resco Explorer).
- Added automatic refresh of FreeOTFE's display if already running when a volume is mounted via the commandline/tapping on a ".vol" file.
- Updated to correct minor bug preventing commandline options from mounting correctly if no mountpoint is supplied on the commandline.
- Added (optional) support for Windows Mobile 5.0 softkeys.
- Documentation layout revamped.
- Added link to user guide from "Help" menu.
- Made it clearer to the user at which point they can create their new volume, and which advanced/optional steps.
- Added option to change the default mountpoint, or default it based on the volume's filename. Mount dialog "mountpoint" control moved to "Advanced" tab on mount dialog.
- Added option to specify a different "File explorer" application.
- Added option to associate FreeOTFE4PDA with volume files.
- Added context menu option to explore mounted volumes, in addition to existing doubletap explore.
- Added option to backup and restore the CDB from volumes with a CDB.
- Added option to dump critical data block to a human readable file.
- Added command line support.
- Added OS version ID to human readable CDB dumps.
- Moved weaker drivers (FreeOTFE4PDAHashNull.dll, FreeOTFE4PDACypherNull.dll and FreeOTFE4PDACypherXOR.dll) into a "weak drivers" directory; most users shouldn't use these drivers, but they're still included in the release if needed.
- Corrected error preventing volumes encrypted with the XOR and NULL encryption drivers operating properly.
- Corrected problem with opening files on some PDAs.
- Redundant drivers moved into separate directory.
- Added further information to documentation wrt redundant drivers/speeding up the time taken to mount.
- Added stats report for drivers (developer use only).
- FreeOTFE4PDACypherTwofish_HifnCS.dll driver removed from PDA binary distribution (driver fails to init correctly). Note: Existing volumes can still be mounted and used with the remaining two Twofish implementations.
- First public release.
FreeOTFE4PDA v2.11.00 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download FreeOTFE4PDA v2.11.00 direct on your windows mobile phone