: remote control over Web Service
, remote control
- .NET framework V3.5
- foobar2000 V1.1.5 (or later) with these plugins
- foo_comserver2 V0.7
- foo_runcmd V1.1
- foo_playlist_attributes V0.3.0
- .NET compact framework 3.5
- HTC HD2 (or something very similar)
- optionally (required for rotation support) TouchLockPro 2.12.8 with GSensor enabled (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444215).
: Apr 8, 2011
After connecting my Hi-Fi system to my home server using an USB DA Converter (HRT Music Streamer II+) I needed a remote control solution for the foobar2000 music player that run on Windows Mobile (for my home automation system I use a bunch of HTC HD2 as remote terminals). Unfortunately, I did not found anything that I liked.
As I had some spare time I decided to develop a solution myself building a web service server based on the foo_comserver2 foobar plugin and a Windows Mobile client that access the server over Wi-Fi.
- basic playback control (play, stop, pause, next, previous)
- playlists listing and selecting
- selected playlist track listing
- media library access as a author/album/track tree
- media library search
- filling a playlist with albums or tracks from the media library
The client supports touch scrolling and (optionally) rotation.
As I developed them and they works at my home I post them here. Note that they are not commercial grade software (no installer, no configuration utility, the client is fairly dependent on HTC HD2 hardware) but
- the HTC HD2 is fairly common and the client might run on similar WVGA devices
- the server is more general and many tools can develop applications that interface to a web service
- full source code is included
foobar2000 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download foobar2000 direct on your windows mobile phone