: remote control over Web Service
, remote control
- .NET framework V3.5
- foobar2000 V1.1.5 (or later) with these plugins
- foo_comserver2 V0.7
- foo_runcmd V1.1
- foo_playlist_attributes V0.3.0
- .NET compact framework 3.5
- HTC HD2 (or something very similar)
- optionally (required for rotation support) TouchLockPro 2.12.8 with GSensor enabled (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444215).
: Apr 8, 2011
After connecting my Hi-Fi system to my home server using an USB DA Converter (HRT Music Streamer II+) I needed a remote control solution for the foobar2000 music player that run on Windows Mobile (for my home automation system I use a bunch of HTC HD2 as remote terminals). Unfortunately, I did not found anything that I liked.
As I had some spare time I decided to develop a solution myself building a web service server based on the foo_comserver2 foobar plugin and a Windows Mobile client that access the server over Wi-Fi.
- basic playback control (play, stop, pause, next, previous)
- playlists listing and selecting
- selected playlist track listing
- media library access as a author/album/track tree
- media library search
- filling a playlist with albums or tracks from the media library
The client supports touch scrolling and (optionally) rotation.
As I developed them and they works at my home I post them here. Note that they are not commercial grade software (no installer, no configuration utility, the client is fairly dependent on HTC HD2 hardware) but
- the HTC HD2 is fairly common and the client might run on similar WVGA devices
- the server is more general and many tools can develop applications that interface to a web service
- full source code is included
foobar2000 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download foobar2000 direct on your windows mobile phone
receive the latest freeware programs straight into your Inbox