: cke is a general purpose text editor designed for the PocketPC handhelds. It includes several features that missed in other similar programs, such as simultaneous editing of multiple documents, customization of fonts, tabsize, indenting, sintax highlighting of different languages, wordwrap, ..., see...
: Sep 29, 2006
: Ignacio Castillo
cke is a general purpose text editor designed for the PocketPC handhelds. It includes several features that missed in other similar programs, such as simultaneous editing of multiple documents, customization of fonts, tabsize, indenting, sintax highlighting of different languages, wordwrap, ..., see the a more complete list in the features section.
The present version lacks however of several useful features, which you will possible miss. You must think that the release is currently in an alpha state and is not very reliable.
- Simultaneous editing of multiple documents. You can even open multiple documents at the same time through the comand line, (however you can't yet from the file open dialog).
- Syntax highlighting through a syntax definition file. (The current release includes syntax files for c#, c++, html and TeX. Several others are downlodable from the download section).
- Different document classes with the possiblity of different customization of: font (fixed pitched), font size, font width (a % factor), inter-line width (in pixels), tabsize, indentation, syntax, text colors, wordwrap, and sintax file.
- Search and replace of simple text (in the future it will include regexps).
- External command launch from the editor. In particular, the "View in Explorer" is predefined (thought configurable), you can find several examples of customization later in this page.
- An improved fileopen system (the one included in WinCE is really poor), inspired in one I found for MFC, and that I have adapted and completed with more functionalities.
- Associate the program to extensions. Certain extension (.h, .c, .cpp, .htm, .html, .tex) have their own icons with the extension written on them, in order to simplify their recognition in the file explorer. The programs remembers the previous association and restores the previous situation when you remove the association. Beware that uninstaling the program does not remove the associations you might have. In order to do that you have to explicitly do it before uninstaling.
- The syntax file was not loaded if it was specified in the "default class" producing a program hang.
- Minor modifications in labels in the "about" and "settings" dialogs.
- New help menu ith help and about options.
- The size of the blank column on the left of the editing panel has been reduced to 6 pixels.
- Added a default cke.opt file, with several predefined classes and commands.
- The status of the find toolbar is kept between different executions of the program.
- The vertical position of the bar in the file open/save as dialog, the show folders and the opened panel are remembered between executions. The last filter used is remembered while the execution of the program lasts.
- The SaveAs dialog shows the actual filename in the file name edit box.
- The combo with filters shows up to 5 filters directly. (instead of 2)
- Solved a bug with the expansion of variables in the definition in settings->command.
- First public release.
cke v0.21 Alpha free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download cke v0.21 Alpha direct on your windows mobile phone
receive the latest freeware programs straight into your Inbox