: This program should work (theoretically) on any WM devices, Smartphone or PPC, with OS 2003/2003SE/WM5, as long as the device has MS Bluetooth Stack. Tested on Voyager, XPhone2, C500, C550, Tornado, SP5, XDAIIs (thanks to those who have spent time in testing this one.) It also works in landscape mod...
SP 2003/2003SE/WM5 (176x220 and QVGA)
MS BT Stack
: Jun 10, 2006
: Lawrence Patricio
This program should work (theoretically) on any WM devices, Smartphone or PPC, with OS 2003/2003SE/WM5, as long as the device has MS Bluetooth Stack. Tested on Voyager, XPhone2, C500, C550, Tornado, SP5, XDAIIs (thanks to those who have spent time in testing this one.) It also works in landscape mode on PPCs.
The program automatically determines if your device is using MS Bluetooth Stack. If it doesn't, it will prompt you at start-up. This doesn't have an AI. The main purpose anyways is for you to play with another WM device user. By the way, for those who want to try this and doesn't have anyone (WM device user) to play with, you could try playing between your WM device and your desktop/laptop. Your Bluetooth device on your desktop/laptop should have MS Bluetooth Stack
But if it doesn't, just follow the procedure below:
* Disconnect your Bluetooth device from your desktop/laptop.
* Uninstall the software that came with your BT device by going to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>And choose your *
Installed BT Software
. Or alternatively, Go to Control Panel>Bluetooth Devices>Click Hardware Tab>Click
Properties>Click Driver>Click Uninstall button
* Re-connect your BT device on your desktop/laptop. WindowsXP should recognize the device and you should let Windows
* the Bluetooth stack by itself (don't install the software that came with your BT device.)
* Download the zip file again.
* Unzip on your desktop/laptop.
* Run BTChess.exe
and see if the program recognizes your BT Device. Your desktop/laptop should have the .Net Framework
installed. You can download the latest version of .NET
Framework 2.0 Redistributable
in case you need it.
* If it does, then your BT device has MS BT stack installed.
* Try playing. :-)
BT BlueTooth Chess free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download BT BlueTooth Chess direct on your windows mobile phone
receive the latest freeware programs straight into your Inbox