: Developer e-mail
ActiveSync 4.1 is the latest sync software release for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
Microsoft ActiveSync provides a great synchronization experience with Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Outlook right out of the box.
ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows Mobile-based device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications from your desktop to your device.
In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your e-mail, Calendar, Notes, and Contacts updated wirelessly when you’re away from your PC.
New features include:
- New partnership wizard makes syncing easier.
- Faster transfer of data files including media.
- Ability to sync photos assigned to contacts from Outlook on the desktop.
ActiveSync 4.1 supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
- Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0-based devices. For customers using Windows Mobile 2003 or 2002-based devices, please continue using ActiveSync 3.8
- Remote PC Sync (via Wifi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues. If you are using this feature on a Windows Mobile 2003-based device, please continue using ActiveSync 3.x or earlier.
- Beginning in 2006, customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements in ActiveSync 4.1: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate-based authentication to Exchange Server.
ActiveSync v4.1 free for Your Windows Mobile Phone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download ActiveSync v4.1 direct on your windows mobile phone
receive the latest freeware programs straight into your Inbox